Make A Difference!

Make A Difference!

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Focused Around Family and Peace

While I was reading my free Israel 101 eBook, I came across a paragraph in the beginning that pointed out the internal strength of Jewish culture. 

It read : [ "Jewish life centers around home and family. Jewish tradition sanctifies family relationships. Parents’ devotion and sense of responsibility for passing on Jewish identity have bound generations to the past while linking them to the future."] 

This hit me close to home (no pun intended.) I noticed that we should all center our lives around home and family. We should not get caught up on career or material things like tv, IPads, cell phones, etc. This tradition is a very strong one. It has bonded this religion together for over 3,000 years. They believe in the most important things in life : God and family. They have survived many battles and wars against them with this method of love and devotion. How amazing is that? I do not know about you, but that made my jaw drop and say "Wow" when I read it. OK, maybe my mouth did not literally drop, but you have to admit this is pretty magnificent. To think a religion could survive such hate with so much love is almost unheard of now-a-days. Today countries fight with weapons, but the Jewish community always fought with love and compassion. 

I heard someone say once that you cannot fight darkness with more darkness. Only light will overcome darkness. This is so true to me, and I believe that the Jewish families agree with that!

I included a picture of a Jewish family during a boy's bar mitzvah. The family affection is definitely apparent in this one photo! We all need to strive to be this close with our family! It is sad when you only see family at funerals now-a-days. It hurts my heart that this is now the case for most American families. Let's change that. I challenge you to contact your relatives and organize a reunion or just a fun family bonding time/party. 
Thank you for reading!
Ashley J
photo rights go to http://www.davidfoxphotographer.com/data/photos/1038_1bar_bat_mitzvah_photography_0009.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment